Friday, November 14, 2008

Not Much New Info

I did get a call from Dr Kwong this week, but there really isn't much to tell. He re-iterated that I did not have the correct HLA type for the Stanford clinical trial. Then he gave me three other options. He said I can start a different chemo here at his location, which has a 10-20% response. Option #2 was to do a clinical trial in DC which is extremely toxic. Everyone knows how hard of a time I have with that. Or I can try another clinical trial in LA. I opted for the clinical trial in LA. I have no other details than that at this point. He has contacted them to get me in there, and I haven't heard anything back. Once again, as soon as I know, I'll post here.

I have been in fairly good condition since my last post. Just sore again. It's not that bad, I'm just taking Tylenol for now. But I'm staying home and not doing too much. I did go shopping this week, on Tuesday matter of fact. All of my clothes are falling off of me. At first I just thought they were loose. Then when I went to see the dr 2 weeks ago, I was down 30 lbs. Yep, I was shocked too. I have been eating normal again, so I don't know why there is such a dramatic weight loss. But I'm not complaining, I haven't been this skinny in about 14 years. But my mom has been here cooking healthier meals, so that could be one reason. Well, I know another reason is that I have no muscle left in my body. I don't recall if I've posted this before, but all of the laying in the hospital bed, resting at home, etc I've really lost most of my muscle. To get up and turn over is hard and exhausting. You don't realize how much muscle you have until it's all gone. Anyway, I was happy to buy some pants that fit good. All of my pants & shirts are too big. Well, except for my new ones! I can't wait to wear them. I didn't buy too much, because my weight is always up & down, so I'm not gonna spend a fortune on a new wardrobe, yet :)

The only problem with shopping is that I was so tired the next day. I have learned that I can only do max one thing a day, and only 2 - 3x a week. If I overdo it, I really pay for it. I have had a lot of friends want to get together, and to be honest, it's quite hard. Harder than I thought. If you all don't mind, I don't mind you coming to my house. That is better for me. Even that is not easy, but I will make do! I do lay down most of the day, it's more comfy than sitting. But if you want to come by, I'll sit up for a while. I always do when Lori or my sister Anna comes over. Both of them have really helped me a lot emotionally through this. They are always both here for me when I need them. One of the things I worry about most is my immediate family, and they both always reassure me that everything will be all right.

On that note, Reanna passed her driving test yesterday. She is now a licensed driver! Drivers beware!!!! I added her to our insurance today, and of course she's already out. She just drove herself to get her nails done. She already made a wrong turn, but that comes with the territory. She'll learn the roads soon enough.

Today I went out and got a massage. I really needed it. I did a lot this week (my standards, not yours) and was feeling really beat down. I went to pizza with my hubby, the Applebaums, my sis Anna & Anthony on Monday night, then on Tuesday I went to lunch and shopping with Sebastian, then yesterday I went to lunch with my mom, Reanna & Paige. Last night my whole body was really sore, and I was really feeling it. So I picked up the phone and scheduled a massage for today. It was so good. I don't know why I don't do that more often. I think I'm gonna make a habit out of going there from now on. Don't know what to get me for Christmas? InSpa gift certificate will do... any amount... ha ha...

1 comment:

Frances said...

Hi Linda - I don't know how to reach you. I only have your gmail address. I would love to see you. We are leaving this weekend for the Thanksgiving holiday and I hope we can get together soon. Love, Frances
feblackburn@yahoo.com