Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Little Things

It's the little things that make me happy. There have been so many little things that people have done for me that don't go unnoticed.

On Thanksgiving my uncle Manuel and aunt Elisa drove over to my dad's house to visit me before they went on to celebrate their time with friends & family. It was nice to see them as I hadn't seen them since last summer and I don't know the next time that I'll be able to see them. And I am always getting lovely cards in the mail from them with well wishes. Matter of fact, I got a Christmas card from them today! It's the little things.

Every weekend my sister Anna comes by with food and new movies to watch. Lately I haven't bothered watching much movies, but it's nice that she brings them because I do get tired of TV. Yep, all I do is watch TV. I don't care if she has to work while she's here. Just her being here is nice. And she is so thoughtful. She knows what I like and she makes it happen. Right when I'm starting to get hungry, the food is already ready. She knows I hate to wait and always has it right there. She takes initiative and makes my life comfortable. I'm so spoiled by her, I hate when she leaves. I must say we have not always been the best of friends, what sisters are??? But when the the times are tough, she is right there. I could not have asked for more. Nor could I do better myself. I must say, she is a better sister to me than I am to her. I get a lot of emails saying what a good friend I am, but where I lack is my relationship with my sister. I wish there are things in the past I could have done different, but what's done is done. I love her with all my heart and always will.

My mom is here for me morning, noon and night. She keeps this house running while I'm down. She makes sure Reanna is taken care of, wakes up Paige in the morning and takes her to school & back, makes all of my meals plus dinner for everyone, does our shopping, house cleaning, and everything else you can think of. She is what keeps us afloat of our every day duties. I don't know what I'd do without her. It's the little things.

Today I got a call from my brother Raymond. I don't see him often as he's in Arizona, I only get to see him when he comes to the bay area. It's been a while so it was nice to see him last month over the holiday weekend. I was quite surprised today when he told me in our conversation how proud he was of how I raised Reanna. I hear that a lot (why wouldn't I? Just kidding....) but he really explained why. He told me that she was very good and respectful to her elders, parents, grandparents, etc and that lately he hasn't seen that out of kids her age in a long time. He said that I raised her just like my mom & dad raised us, and I must say his words could not be more kind than that. I don't know what it is in those words that made me so emotional, but I could not have been more touched. It's the little things like this that make me happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda - Sitting here at 1 in the morning, reading your blog. Just wanted you to know that we're always thinking of you. Sorry we missed you over Thanksgiving, but we were all so sick and didn't want to expose you to our cooties. I hope your next treatments are less difficult than the ones in So. Cal. Just wanted you to know that we are always thinking of you and hoping for continued strength for you and your family.

Your cousin, Vickie, Brian and girls