Monday, March 9, 2009

Keeping vigil

Each day Linda's parents, Reanna and I keep watch over our precious Linda. Linda's sisters Anna and Lisa and Linda's friend Lorie also stop by and visit with Linda daily. We start early in the morning and end really late at night. I then wake up with her about every two hours through the night. We all are tired, but I know there is no other place any of us would want to be.

My cousin Sophia has also been stopping by each evening to see Linda, as well as be someone that I can lean on in this difficult time. We spend each evening sitting on my cot next to Linda's hospital bed, watching t.v. and talking quietly, with Linda constantly on our minds and hearts. This has been a blessing. I do not think I would have been able to hold it together so far without her.

Our main concern is keeping Linda comfortable and out of pain. This has been a struggle the last couple of days. Yesterday her nurse Angela increased the morphine patches, but it still took about 12 hours before Linda appeared comfortable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sebasatian thank you so much for the updates I know we are all checking this every day numerous times a day for your words. All of you are in our prayers and not a moment goes by that we are not thinking of Linda and all of the family. I hope with the increase of Morphine the pain has eased somewhat and that her suffering can be minimized as much as possible. Thank goodness for your cousin we all need someone to lean on..
Hugs
Joe & Linda Applebaum

Anonymous said...

Sebastian

thank you for taking the time to update all of us out here in 'netland. I too have checked, and rechecked looking for an update. You have been on my mind all weekend.

Get some rest when you can, it will help you cope.

You're all in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

OH SABBY, I WAS JUST GETTING READY 2TO WRITE, WHEN THE PHONE RANG. IT WAS SOPHIA GIVING ME THE UNTHINKABLE NEWS. IM SO SORRY 4 ALL OF U. I ONLY WISH THAT THERE WAS SOMETHING I CAN SAY OR DO TO MAKE ALL THE PAIN GO AWAY. IM SO SORRY, AND SEE U SOON LOTS OF LUV & HUGS 2 ALL OF U. TIA NORMA