Friday, December 5, 2008

Good News

I finally got a call from the LA clinic today. I go there for my consult on Dec. 16th. I do not know what the treatment there will be there yet. I'll find out everything at the consult.

It's been one long week. I haven't blogged much because I really do try to put my all into my posts, and I haven't have the energy to do so. I've had a lot of company and I've been giving my all to them. It's difficult to give my all to my family and blog at the same time.

My mom left on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, and I had no one here to help me. So my sister Anna and my dad really came through and stayed with me while Sebastian & Reanna worked. It really helps to have them here because there is so much that I have a hard time doing. They make my meals for me and help to keep track of all of the medications that I'm taking. They have to write it down for me because it's so easy to forget what I took when. Then when Anna had to go to work Sebastian took off two days of work to stay home with me. So now Anna's back here, and Sab is back at work. And then my mom is coming back tonight so no one will have to miss anymore work to be with me. That's a good thing!

I really haven't left my house in days. I wasn't feeling well on Thanksgiving, and had to go lie down and nap after a while. I was glad to wake when I did, because right after I woke was dinner time! YUMMY. My brother Ray made the dinner and it was really good. I was bummed because my appetite was so small that I couldn't eat much. I barely got to taste it all. Not too long after dinner it was time to head home. I was sad to say goodbye to my family and go home.

The next day Anna came over to take care of me, and then my brother stopped by for a few hours to visit before he headed home to Arizona. It was really nice to hang out with him for a while because I hadn't seen him in at least two years. Later that evening I felt a bump behind my ear that was starting to hurt. I asked Reanna to look at it if it was a pimple or something, and she said no, it was just a bump. The next morning my dad came over to help out. He even went out of his way and put a weather sealer on our new fence. Reanna also helped him out a bit.

That night the bump behind my ear got bigger and was hurting even more. Anna & my dad made me call the dr so I made an appt for Sunday. On Sunday I went to the dr and she was not sure exactly what it was but she thinks it was a cyst. So she gave me an antibiotic and it has been helping. The pain has gone away and it has really shrunk. The only problem is, I hate the antibiotic. Keflex. It is the worst medicine ever. When I was in Riverside they made me take it 4x a day. I hated it. I cried and cried and begged not to take it. I even asked if they had one that went through the IV. The nurse told me they didn't, all they had was the one they gave me. At least she told me I was not the only person to complain about it. She said a lot of people don't like it. Yeah, and I'm stuck taking it again. I must say, I haven't stopped crying about taking it either.

I wanted to go see my dr, but I knew he would be busy on Monday due to the long weekend. So I called first thing Tuesday morning and got an appt to see him. I showed him all of the bumps that were new and just brought up other issues I was concerned about. He really didn't have much to say other than what I'm experiencing is all normal. He did run more blood work and gave me more pain meds. He told me that everything was approved for the LA clinic and that I should be hearing from them soon (which I did hear from them today).

No comments: