Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Our Anniversary

Yep, another anniversary. This year we went to Napa. We both have never been there. Obviously, this is a year for a lot of firsts. Now that I'm feeling better, I want to get out and do things I have never done before.


Before we left the house, Sebastian shocked me with 2 tickets to Celine Dion when she comes in November! I can't wait. I always wanted to see her in Vegas, but never got around to it. Then he also got me a Marilyn Monroe portrait to match the Audrey Hepburn one I have. He is so good to me. I LOVE my husband.



So when we got to Napa, we weren't sure what to do (we knew want wanted to go wine tasting, but didn't know where to start), so we stopped at the visitor center. We got a map, and was just looking at all the wineries on there and things to do. Then all of a sudden, I see something called the Wine Train. Hmm, what's that? We call it up, an a train is leaving in about an hour. So we drove there, and got our tickets. About 20 minutes later, we boarded the train. On the ride up through Napa, we had wine (Sab had beer) and appetizers. They were pretty good. The ride was about 1 1/2 hours. Then we stopped so the train could turn around. We had to change cars, and we got on the meal car. There we had piping hot bread, soup or salad, our meal (I had the Salmon, Sab had the Prime Rib ~ we aren't that predictable are we?) and then dessert. For dessert, Sebastian got the chocolate cake, and I got Creme Brulee. I bet you would have never guessed that! Everyone knows I'm the chocolate lover! During dessert the waiter gave us dessert wines, he gave Sab a Port wine, and me a Muscat. I really enjoyed the Muscat, very light & sweet.

After lunch, we went shopping. I got some shoes, a new Coach purse & wallet, and then we got Sab's mom a Coach purse too, cuz her birthday was coming up. Then I couldn't find my sunglasses (in the pics I'm borrowing an extra pair of Sebastians) so I got a new pair of Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses. I was so excited. After shopping, we went back to our room to rest a bit. We decided on Japanese food for dinner, and that was in downtown Napa. We had good reviews, and the wait was long, so that must mean they are good, right? Well, they were just so-so. Once we got to our table, the wait was still long. They were not any faster at service than they were are seating us. No biggie, I enjoyed the company :)


The next morning we had breakfast at the B&B. It was quite yummy. Then we headed out to do some wine tasting. We started at V. Sattui. I got a bottle of Gamay Rouge, Muscat, Reisling and Sab got a White Zin. I had a great anniversary with my hubby. I hope for many, many more.

No comments: