Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Big Girls Don't Cry

I just love that song. I wish I could live up to the title.

Yesterday I got a call from my surgeon's assistant. She wanted me to come in today. I thought everthing was ok and that she was calling me to see my leg. I could have not been more wrong. I was totally blind-sided. She had reviewed my PET scan and the melanoma is still present. I will have to have another surgery, and it will take about 3 weeks to recover. Just within the last few days my scar area has been darker and you can feel lumps there. When I met with Dr Paek a few weeks ago, there was no sign of anything. How things change so quickly.

So after my appt with Dr. Kutner this morning, I met with a physical therapist. She gave me some really good exercises to work on to get the strength back in my leg. But since I might have lymphedema and now I have an upcoming surgery, I have to put the exercising on hold. I'm not surprised. I feel like my life has been on hold since last year. So now I don't know when I'm going to visit my sister Maria. I really wanted to go see her this summer.

My surgery is scheduled. I will be having my surgery 2 weeks from today. Tuesday April 22. My main goal is to be healed in time for Reanna's high school graduation.

1 comment:

tainana said...

whoever said that lies!! i cry all the time. it is a sign of our humanity as far as i'm concerned.Don't listen to anyone who say's differently! I love you, and you will beat this. I have to have faith in that! Take care be stong when you can and when you can't lean on God and your friends and family, that's what we're here for.Love always your biggest fan and your favorite sister,lol!! Maria