Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I'm Not You

Everybody is different. Everybody responds differently. Although I appreciate how others have managed to deal with cancer, I do not see things the way others do. I try my hardest to stay positive. Yes, I do get sad and cry too. But I don't dwell on it. I try to get over it. I must say that it is not easy. I am learning to deal with this the best I can. But I do not want to be strong because that is what others want me to be, because them I'm being fake. But I also do not want to be weak. I want to be myself. Is it possible to ever be myself again. Cancer does not define who I am. I am not going to let it take over my life.

1 comment:

tainana said...

Hi,got your message. I'm so sorry to hear of your having to have another surgery. Your always in my prayers and on my mind. I love youBig your sis, Maria