Thursday, October 16, 2008

No New Updates

I haven't posted lately because I have no new updates. I go next week to get another PET scan, and probably won't find out the results until the end of the week. Of course I scheduled it for first thing in the morning, because I hate not being able to eat/drink all day. One time I think my appointment was at 2pm, and the appointment is close to two hours! I don't know how I made through that day without fainting. But I must say, I learned my lesson and get the earlier appointments now. Other than that, everything is going smooth. A few days ago I was having the worst back pain ever, that lasted a few days. But recently is has gone done. It is very minimal, and I sleep a bit better at night. Hopefully it's won't come back.

I try to get out once a day, but it's not always possible. Today, I'll actually get out 3 times - woo hoo! I just try not to over do it. I had to take Butter to the vet, because last week he had an ear infection. The appt was only 2 minutes! They just weighed him and then the dr checked his ear, and all is good. The infection is gone. I was surprised at how fast it went. Then I went to rent a few movies and grab lunch. I was too lazy to make anything, and my mom is not feeling well, so I didn't want to ask her to cook either. Then tonight I'll be going to ladies night w/Latinas y Amigas. I'm glad that I'm able to get out and hang with the ladies who do so much for me!

I want to say thanks to everyone who has sent me the nicest messages & emails. Thanks Austin for the poem. I totally got it and had tears in my eyes reading it. I know we don't see each other often, but that does not diminish our friendship or feelings for one another. You are like a brother to me.

I'm quite surprised that nobody has taken me up on my offer of stopping by or meeting up somewhere. The only person who has come by is Lori, and that's normal. She always comes by. I don't even have to ask her. I think that is why I appreciate her so much. She is busy with work and her daughter and the gym and church, etc, and she still comes by all the time and calls me all the time. And Sophia is coming by on Saturday, I can't wait to see her. I don't even remember the last time I saw her! Then there's Kathy. I barely met her, and she is always sending me the kindest, most encouraging emails and she has even offered to come meet up with me. I have just been bad and have not set up a time ~ Sorry Kathy! I will send you an email soon. I don't know what to think of it. I get a lot of emails from people with good intentions, but there is no follow through. Well if you don't intend on doing what you say, don't say it. I'd rather that. I'd rather get no e-mails than getting a lot of fluff. Actions speak louder than words.

No comments: