Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Worse Than I Thought

Yesterday was a worse day than I thought it to be. It started out ok, and got worse as the hours went by. Tylenol was my best friend yesterday! As was my mom, who made sure I was as comfortable as I could be. The aches and pain carried into night, and I even slept in today. Yep, I didn't get up until about 9:30am. For me, that's sleeping in! I'm normally up around 7am.

Today my dad is coming by. He & his girlfriend Barbara are driving down for the day to visit me. I think we are gonna go have lunch. I think I'm up to it, but I'll have to see when they get here. You see, ever since doing my chemo treatments, I have the worst gag reflex when I brush my teeth, and especially my tongue. Just thinking of gagging makes me gag, it's that bad. So I have to have my mind totally on something else when I brush my teeth to keep me from dry heaving. I know you don't want to here that, but it's true. I also try not to brush my teeth after I eat, so I don't throw up. Well, today I guess I wasn't careful enough. I ate my cereal and less than an hour later I brush my teeth, and got to re-visit my cereal. It was awful. I don't know if it was because I was so sick yesterday and it's coming back, or if I just didn't concentrate that well today. Either way, I hope this doesn't happen again.

I would like to say thank you to Bill, Sebastian's dad. I got the nicest card and gift from him this weekend, it was totally unexpected. It seems as if there are always angels surrounding me. Every time I'm feeling down, sick or sore, there is always someone that lifts me back up. I could not have asked for a better family, or friends that are like family!

No comments: