Saturday, January 31, 2009

Home Almost One Week

It's been almost one week since I've been home from the hospital. I must say I feel so much better at home. The first few days I didn't have any visitors just because I needed to recover from that horrific hospital stay. For some reason I think being in the hospital made me worse. I just needed those few days to get somewhat near normal. But now, I don't know if I'll ever be normal. Right when I got home from the hospital it was hard to walk because while admitted they inserted a catheter because every time I got out of bed my heart rate would go up to 150+, sometimes 170. So there was very little strength in my legs, but it was possible. I would get out of bed at home about 1 - 2x a day, and then it got harder and harder. This morning I got out of bed so that I could take a sponge bath, and the pain was too much. I could not put any weight on my left leg at all, it was so painful I could not stand it. I'm hoping to be able to try getting out of bed again, but at this point, who knows.

Since Friday, or maybe Thursday - I forget, I've been having visitors. My mom has been arranging for friends & family to stop by and visit me for a bit. It's actually been quite nice. She got all of my contacts info from my cell phone, so she has been calling everyone at random while she has spare time. If she hasn't called you yet, and you'd like to come visit, call the home phone and ask for my mom, Teresa, and she'll set up a day/time for you to see me! You can try my cell #, but I'm not sure it will get answered :) I have really enjoyed having everyone over. Everyone has been so kind and generous and understands when it's time to go, it's time to go. That has really helped me a lot. Some come over and we sit and chat and laugh, and some come over and we chat and cry. It's good for me to get both laughter and sorrow at this point. What comforts me is that I'm not the only one who questions, why me? When they come over, they ask the same thing - why you? Why you Linda?

With my health this bad I don't think I'm going to make it to the Celine Dion concert in Feb. I'm so bummed, I've been looking forward to this concert since last year. Sebastian got me the tickets for our anniversary last year. The concert was to be in Nov., but she re-scheduled. Now we are stuck with 2 expensive tickets that will most likely go unused. One of the little things that sucks about cancer.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I've 'known' you from your postings on BEAddicts and BEBeautiful Cafe on Delphi, and I hope that your journey will inspire us all. Bless you all. Kris

Alisa said...

I too am thinking about you. It sounds like you are being well taken care of. I pray for you, as I sure a ton of random people do also.

Unknown said...

If anyone knows where you and your family and friends are at right now, I do. I know this really stinks. I hate that it messes with great people like you. I hate that it took my Rach away from me. Linda and family, I know we have never mt in person; but I swear I would fly out to California from Ohio if you needed me to. To Linda's family; call, email, or Facebook/Myspace me for ANYTHING. Send me a message via my blog and I will give you my contact info if you don't have it. Maria, you should have at least my email. God knows I continue with the tons of people out there, to pray for you and your family!!!