Thursday, September 25, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

I was so happy to arrive home yesterday. We got to the house right at 5pm. I know this because there was a lovely bouquet on my front porch. I was quite surprised and had no clue who it would be from, and it ended up being from my work. Wishing me a Happy Birthday. I was bummed, because I knew at 5pm everyone would be heading home and it was too late to call and thank them. But I called this morning - so that was good.

We got to Riverside Thursday evening, and it was an ok ride. I rode in the back most of the ride and layed down because of the pain. Luckily it was tolerable. First thing Friday morning we got up and did my lab work.

I feel like a platinum member down at Riverside too now. I know all of Dr Gailani's assistant's now, the crew who always insert my central line know me by name, as do the nurses. Everywhere I go it's like running into old friends. And they treat me so nice.

Sebastian knows I hate stuffed animals. But on my birthday he came in the door and brought me a stuffed dog that looks just like my dog Butter. It made me so home sick. I looked at the dog and couldn't help but fall in love. You see, Butter is my side kick. He has his own bed in our room, but every night at bedtime he comes and lies on my side of the bed right in front of my nightstand. He stays there all night, or sometimes he'll go inside my closet and sleep under my hanging clothes. But he never goes far.

Also on my birthday I had a visitor. My mom and her husband drove from Las Vegas to visit me. Once again, I do remember them visiting, but not much more than that.

This time around I got thru 8 treatments. The problem is my heart rate and blood pressure get too high, and they have to be able to control that in order to continue my treatment. A few times I got out of bed to use the restroom, and my blood pressure would skyrocket. So for two days they banned me from getting out of bed. That was not fun. Luckily it did not last long. Then the doctor told them to hold one treatment, which they did. Two hours before I was to resume treatments again, Dr Gailani stopped them and said that was it for this time. Eight is good, and he didn't want to over do it.


Linda1 said...

So glad to see you posted. I know if there is a post here you felt well enough for that moment to sit online. :-) We were hoping to see you tonight. I know your mom is there and you wont need any meals but if there is anything please let us know... You know we are all here for you..

Shay said...

Hello Linda! I love your site.Happy belated birthday! I wanted to let you know you are always in my thoughts and if there is ever anything I can do please let me know!