Tuesday, February 10, 2009

No Weekend Getaway Needed

As much as I'd like to get a way for a few days on our anniversary, this year was perfect staying home (as if I had a choice?? ha ha). But seriously, it was a really nice day today. I knew I was going to have a lot going on around the house, so I tried to mentally & physically prepare for it, and it went pretty smooth. I was able to fit everything in and not be too exhausted. Actually, I must say my mom probably did most of that, keeping a schedule of whose coming & going when.

But as I sit here and think about my day, I know that wedding anniversary's are mostly for a husband/wife, at least the way Sab & I celebrate it. Well, today it seemed a lot more than that. I feel like we included a lot of our most treasured friends & family too. To start off breakfast, my wonderful husband brought me a bowl of cereal (I can only eat 3 bites anyway, so that is my breakfast of choice nowadays) and some coffee. Then while Sebastian was doing stuff, my mom helped the nurse give me a bath and clean up my room, etc. Since my dad happened to be in town, he would stop by and check up on me all day making sure I had enough of everything, and then some. And while Reanna had a day off, she made mini cup cakes and then a huge cake shaped like a cup cake :) She is so cute. Later on that night Paige came over to stay a few days with us, so that is always nice. So this wasn't our typical anniversary, but I don't know if we can ever top it. There is nothing better than spending time with family.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful way to spend your anniversary. And the cake is adorable she did a great job. We weren't able to take our cruise to Mexico but you know what I think what you did could never be topped by any cruise or any weekend getaway for that matter. Your family is wonderful and they love you so much.. HUGS to you all
Love Linda Applebaum

Nancy K said...

Reanna did a great job on the cupcake very cute. I've been wanting to pick up the pan that makes those.
Glad your day went well :)

Anonymous said...

Linda,
You've raised a perfect child! Jim and I got a few of her mini-cupcakes that night and her kindness truly touched us. You have raised a beautiful young woman who is gorgeous, good natured, and sweet. You've done a wonderful job. We are all blessed to have you both in our lives. Love, Marilyn

Unknown said...

My favorite two lines were right near the end "So this wasn't our typical anniversary, but I don't know if we can ever top it. There is nothing better than spending time with family." I couldn't agree more. I am so happy that you have so many beautiful family and friends to be with you on such a special day. In my humble opinion they are one of the big 3 F's that keep us strong (Faith, Family, Friends)! I'm also glad it was a good day for you personally. In a way it was a weekend getaway; a getaway to where you had a different experience on your anniversary; a getaway to where you may have felt a little better than other days. God bless you all and of course you all remain in my thoughts and prayers every day.

Anonymous said...

The mini cup-cakes were delicious!! Reanna is the best niece ever :) Happy Anniversary to you and Sebastian!!
Love, Ruby Corona

Unknown said...

That really was a great cupcake. I wish I had some cupcake right now to eat, LOL.