Monday, July 28, 2008

Bye Bye



The time has come, and we must say bye to Twinkie. I say this with a sad and heavy heart. Sebsastian and Paige took Twinkie to the vet this morning. I didn't hug her because I thought she'd be back. Oh how I wish I could pet her and give her just one more hug. And smell her stinkie breath (her nickname is Stinkie Twinkie) just one more time. I thought they were going to do bloodwork and call us back with results. But that didn't happen. The vet told Sebastian that she is up in age and suffering a lot. I wish he brought her back home. This is her house. This is where she belongs. With people who love and care for her. Our house will never be the same without her. She started out as our watch dog. But not only was she our watch dog, she was a member of our family. I grew to love her and would always stick up for her when Sebastian would get mad at her. Oh, how we are gonna miss her. I cant's stop crying. Will the pain ever end. We have never had to do this before. My heart hurts, as does the lump in my throat.


WE LOVE YOU TWINKIE.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im so sorry to hear of your loss. I know how it feels to lose a beloved pet. Never is it easy and it sometimes makes it hard to be close to another, after a loss like that. But for some reason I can't explain, they work there way into my heart.My cat is sick and I worry she will not make it. I didn't want to get so close but, oh well! Tai also loves her and that worries me. What will I tell a 3 year old?I I pray that you find peace in your wonderful memories. I love you, Bozo always Your big sister, Maria

Anonymous said...

Linda,
My love to you and your beloved Twinkie. I have been in the same boat, with my dog dying while I was starting treatment. My heart breaks for you as Twinkie goes to the great dog house in the sky. One more angel on your team. Take care and let the tears come. They allow the peace to come.
Blessings.

Anonymous said...

I know how sad it is to lose a beloved member of the family. My heart goes out to you and to Sebastian.. Twinkie will be watching you from above..

Hugs
Linda1