Friday, August 29, 2008

PET Scan Results

I had my PET/CT scans on Wednesday, and went to see Dr Kwong today to find out the results. They were not good. There are more cancer spots on my liver, and there is even a little on my clavicle. I read a little bit of the notes, and I saw it even mentioned something weird in my left leg, which I already knew. At night time I get sharp pains in my leg, and once in a while I'll get it in the day too. In my left groin area, there was a huge amount lit (it lights up where the cancer is) so it has even spread there. I'm not sure if I'm going to Riverside now. I've called Dr Gailani and even paged his assistant, but have not heard back yet. I hope I hear back today. I would be totally devastated to have to wait for the 3 day weekend to be over for results. If I do go back, it will be a different treatment. No more chemo. Just high dose IL-2. I asked if I would be covered if I sought treatment elsewhere, and he said only if I could find somewhere where the results were proven. If I do any clinical trials, I won't be covered by Kaiser. He also said he will look into it for me. He is going to check a facility in NY, I forget what it's called, but it's the best in the country. I'm also going to do my own research myself. I won't give up, I will be my own advocate if I have to.

No comments: