Friday, August 29, 2008

Thanks Uncle Manuel


I was really feeling down and then my doorbell rang. I got mad, thinking who is it? My dogs were barking like crazy and I didn't' feel like answering, but I did to shut them up. I saw a man running to his van. I thought, cool, they scared him off. I was reading his van and was checking out what he was selling. Flowers? They don't usually solicit. Did I get flowers? I looked down at the ground, and saw flowers! I immediately opened the door and thought ~ wow, who would do this? Right when I'm feeling so sad. The guy said "I'm afraid of dogs!" and I said, "that's ok." But in my mind I was thinking "that's what they're here for, to send people away!" LOL... Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you to my Uncle Manuel & family. You brightened my day more than words can say. You truly are the best. I'm sad you can't make it this weekend, but your flowers will be out for everyone to enjoy. The weird thing is, I just opened a chinese fortune cookie, and it reads: A present, over which you will shed tears of joy.
On a lighter note, I also just got a call from Robin, Dr. Gailani's assistant. I am still going to Riverside next week. As I said earlier, I'll be doing IL-2, 14 doses. I will get a dose every 8 hours. My treatment in the hospital will be a lot harder than the chemo, but going home will be much easier. She said most people leave the hospital and head to Del Taco. Me, I'll go to Taco Bell, I like them better. I'm sooo glad I didn't have to wait the whole weekend to find this out. I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders.
Poor Sebastian. He'll have to work on his birthday (Sept 4th) then get off and drive down to Riverside right after. No party, no dinner out. I'm sorry he has to spend his birthday & birthday weekend driving me down and visiting me in the hospital. If you are coming to our BBQ this weekend, please just wish him a Happy Birthday. Thanks everyone, and have a good & safe holiday weekend~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a rough ride :-( I, too, will be having surgery on Sep. 4th to remove lymph nodes from behind my knee. Isn't this fun - not!

Best wishes: may you recover completely and live to be a nuisance to your children in old age.

Anonymous said...

SORRY I HAVEN'T CALLED OR WRITTEN IN A WHILE.I'VE BEEN REAL SICK. I HAVE ACUTE(NOT SO CUTE!)BRONCHITIS AND POSSIBLE KIDNEY DISEASE. I HAVE TO SEE A DR. TO DIAGNOIS.WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN I KNOW. LOVE YOU ,AND FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!!I'LL BE RIGHT BESIDE YOU ALL THE WAY TO THE FINISH LINE. YOUR LOVING SISTER, MARIA