Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thank You Everyone

I just want to say thanks to all my friends and family for all of your support. I really appreciate all of your well wishes and love. Please, please give us some time to get through this. It is very difficult. We are coping, grieving, loving, and still trying to do our normal day to day activities. It's not easy when you are in a good mood and your mind is totally focused on something else (which can be hard to do) and then you are interrupted by a concerning phone call. Please use email or leave a message here, and I will get back to you. In my time. We do appreciate it, but just give us a little bit of time. When we are ready to talk, I will post it here. Then you can call and bug us all you want!!

I know more people are reading here, and I know I have not acknowledged everyone here. I blog when I can, and what's on my mind at the time. That does not mean that I have forgotten you or take my relationships for granted. So here goes a few shout outs: Kathie, thanks for letting me spill everything out to you and you graciously replying with nothing but kindness & love, even when you were busy with your own obstacles. Amy D-S, I know you have taken me to appts too, and had lunch with me many times. I do appreciate you coming out to see me and help me out. Petra, you are such an inspiration. Keep the faith. You are in an uphill battle, and I'll be here whenever you need help climbing. I was touched to see that you were touched by my story. Lori, you are the best friend anyone could ever ask for. Thanks for hanging out with me last night. I enjoyed it, as usual. Anna, when I told you my prognosis, the first words out of your mouth were "I'll be right there." Although you got lost, because you've only been to my house about 20-30 times, you were there. Thanks for your love & support. I'll post about more friends/family as I can.

I spoke with Dr. Godfrey last night. He thinks the best route right now will be to go down to Riverside and meet with Dr. Galani. He is the best he knows. I have full trust in Dr. Godfrey, and if he trusts Dr. Galani, then so do I. Before I go I need to do some blood work at Stanford & an MRI. I will be in Riverside for 5-7 days, up to 10. My dad, who is my Rock, will be going with me. Sebastian also wants to go, and Lori wants to go visit (she can't stay as long). While in Riverside, I'll be getting Bio-Chemotherapy. I forgot what that consists of, I have the notes at home. But I know it's Chemotherapy & InterluekinII (I don't know the spelling, but it's a cancer drug). I'll correct this info later when I read my notes or remember what it was!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we will be praying for you and your family. Lots of Love

Petra said...

Linda,

I've been trying for two days to come up with something worthwhile to comment. I'm not so good with comforting words - I usually make a loaf of banana bread for someone when she's in a tough spot. :) All I can say is that you are a strong, smart woman, and you will get through this. One of my favorite sayings is "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." So things might seem not okay right now, but they will be. You will make things okay.

As I'm sure you know, there seems to be a new melanoma treatment every week, so your arsenal is well-stocked.

I'm praying for you, for your family, and for your doctors. And let me know if you want me to FedEx you some banana bread. :)

-Petra

P.S. - I was so surprised and honored to get a shout-out! You totally made my day.

Unknown said...

LINDA,

I WAS DEVESTATED TO HEAR THE NEWS FROM DAD AND MARIA, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO SAY, OTHER THAN I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH AND WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS, I WILL BE VISITING YOU IN RIVERSIDE, AND STAYING FOR 2 DAYS. I AM SO SORRY FOR BEING SO FAR AWAY, BUT I HAVE A BETTER LIFE THAN I EVER HAD IN SAN JOSE, BUT I DO MISS THE MOST IMPORTANT PEOPLE IN THE WORLD, MY FAMILY, TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS YOU. LOVE ALWAYS YOUR BROTHER,

RAYMOND

Anonymous said...

Hello Linda it's me again..you know
how much I hate to do this computer stuff. I would drop what
ever I was doing to be with you.
It has been hard at times, but I want you to know I would be right there at the hospital telling how to do your hair or what to eat or
what can I eat..lol but I know you
have to do this...I am calling Patunia everyday..I even left her a message in spanish cause I have not heard from her besides her texting me at 2am saying "everthing is fine" Im not going to sleep until both of you are home. Don't worrie I won't miss a meal..lol...Love you more Anna... I will call you tomorrow.
I forgot to give Lori my number
I will leave her a message at your
home incase she needs anything...xoxo p.s Thanks to all
of you and to those who just found out, Thanks for all you kind words and support..by for now "Linda Pinda" We love you lots..And Sabastian we are all so proud of you..And we know you passed your test.