Monday, June 30, 2008

Meet the Family

This past weekend I went to my dad's house. I was really glad my Uncle Manuel had a get-together, because it got me out for the weekend. Luckily Sebastian had both Sat & Sun off (very rare) so he came too. On Saturday we dropped off Reanna at work and then drove up to my dad's house. Nice, long, hot drive. Luckily when we got to his house it was nice & cool. We were all tired, so we all took naps on his comfy couch (me, Sab, dad & Barbara). It was so funny, because we were all tired and my dad had too much coffee earlier ~ shocker, and kept talking. I didn't want to say anything, but luckily Barbara told him to shut up. So he quieted up and we all slept for a bit. Then not too long later, Wilma (my dad's cousin) & Pascual came over and we all went out for dinner. It was really nice. Then we got home and Wilma & I went for a swim. It felt so good to get in a pool. Plus my dad has flippers and it makes swimming so much easier, esp. with my leg. The only bummer was that shortly after we got into the pool, we saw a frog in the rocks, and we were to scared to get to close, so we were stuck on the shallow side. Nonetheless, it was a nice swim. This is some lizard type of thing, maybe a chameleon, that was in my dad's pool. Notice the blue tail! We had him take it out before we went swimming.


Saturday morning I went over to my long-time friend Amy's house. She has been in the area for about 6 years, and I have never visited her. She is only 10 minutes from my dad. So I figured better late than never. It was so good to spend time with her. Her family been going through a tough time also this past month. She really helped me to realize that I'm not the only one dealing with tough situations. And I think I helped her realize the same. Life goes on around us whether we want it to or not. It's how we deal with what we get that makes us who we are. I like who I am with her, because I know it's real.


I left Amy's house to go to my Uncle Manuels house. It was really nice to see my family that I haven't seen in such a long time. The last time I saw a few of my cousin's was in 2002. It's crazy how we are all so grown, with our own families. How did we go from young kids to the thirty-something crowd with our own kids? Life has just past us by. Too fast. Here's a pic of my cousins & I - Kenny, Michael, me, Vickie & Chrissy. I wish I had a pic from when we were kids, but I don't think I do.

No comments: